Saturday, January 5, 2013

FREEDOM











FREEDOM

By Howard SERGIO Tucker



Latin singer, calls his musical ancestral spirits,

Bends back 40 degrees, throwing his voice powerfully to the ceiling,

Passion excites us even more; we sweat, some in heels, shoes, long, short hair, skirts, soft curves, thin, round, and toned

Doesn’t matter, the Salsa has taken over, 

Circling, stepping, prancing, seducing, playing, lost and found, some clueless and others profound,

I step within myself, let her wander amongst the crowd,

There is desire, yet the game of words I play, feeds the rhythm in my mind,

Her music relaxes me, with a sip of wine to buy time,

Captivating beauty with perfect little touches here and there, always fine

She leans in, whispers to my ear, so feminine, and can’t help but smile,

Playing hide and seek with her words, lightly against my arm

I laugh quietly, as she brushes off other’s advances with charm

Allowing some to softly fall, and others, maybe she’ll call

She smiles as her hips sway in delicate circle patterns from side to side

Moving in and out of conversations,

At that moment I realize…


My strength to let her go is more powerful than the control to keep her, 

She works the room; freedom tastes sexier when she returns.

Freedom tastes sexier when she returns...



 By Howard SERGIO Tucker © 1/5/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment